Cannot load pages with run-safari --ios-simulator (public SDK)

# Frédéric Wang (a day ago)

Has anyone experienced any issue to run the Safari (webkit built with the public SDK) recently?

I'm up-to-date with XCode/macOS/WebKit but when I do run-safari --ios-simulator, I get errors when trying to load pages ("This page was reloaded because a problem occured" message and the page is re-loaded indefinitely).

WebContent and Networking seems to abort but the backtraces are not really helpful:

  • thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = signal SIGABRT

    • frame #0: 0x000000011421338e dyld__abort_with_payload + 10 frame #1: 0x0000000114212b80 dyldabort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 82 frame #2: 0x0000000114212bb2 dyldabort_with_payload + 9 frame #3: 0x000000010de118c1 dyld_simabort_with_payload + 34 frame #4: 0x000000010de08fe0 dyld_simdyld::halt(char const*) + 343 frame #5: 0x000000010de0910a dyld_simdyld::fastBindLazySymbol(ImageLoader**, unsigned long) + 167 frame #6: 0x0000000111200122 libdyld.dylib`dyld_stub_binder + 282 frame #7: 0x000000010ddff008 com.apple.WebKit.Networking.Development
  • thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = signal SIGKILL

    • frame #0: 0x0000000101ea66f6 libobjc.A.dylib_mapStrIsEqual(_NXMapTable*, vo id const*, void const*) + 12 frame #1: 0x0000000101ea5f5d libobjc.A.dylib_NXMapMember(_NXMapTable, void const, void) + 111 frame #2: 0x0000000101ea5ffc libobjc.A.dylibNXMapGet + 17 frame #3: 0x0000000101eb6e42 libobjc.A.dylib__sel_registerName(char const, bool, bool) + 75 frame #4: 0x0000000101eabdfe libobjc.A.dylib_read_images + 1007 frame #5: 0x0000000101eb9574 libobjc.A.dylibmap_images_nolock + 821 frame #6: 0x0000000101eab798 libobjc.A.dylibmap_images + 48 frame #7: 0x000000055800491f dyld_simdyld::notifyBatchPartial(dyld_image_states, bool, char const ()(dyld_image_states, unsigned int, dyld_image_info const), bool, bool) + 1311 frame #8: 0x0000000558004ad2 dyld_simdyld::registerObjCNotifiers(void (*)(unsigned int, char const* const*, mach_header const* const*), void (*)(char const*, mach_header const*), void (*)(char const*, mach_header const*)) + 63 frame #9: 0x000000010423cbf3 libdyld.dylib_dyld_objc_notify_register + 113 frame #10: 0x0000000101eb9a12 libobjc.A.dylib_objc_init + 115 frame #11: 0x00000001041c950d libdispatch.dylib_os_object_init + 13 frame #12: 0x00000001041d5ec2 libdispatch.dyliblibdispatch_init + 300 frame #13: 0x0000000102879a78 libSystem.B.dyliblibSystem_initializer + 164 frame #14: 0x0000000558013b96 dyld_simImageLoaderMachO::doModInitFunctions(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 506 frame #15: 0x0000000558013d9c dyld_simImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 40 frame #16: 0x000000055800f3fc dyld_simImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const*, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 324 frame #17: 0x000000055800f392 dyld_simImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 218 frame #18: 0x000000055800f392 dyld_sim`ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 218 frame #19: 0x000000055800f392 dyld_simImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const*, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 218 frame #20: 0x000000055800f392 dyld_simImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, char const, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 218 frame #21: 0x000000055800e5d3 dyld_simImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 133 frame #22: 0x000000055800e665 dyld_simImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 73 frame #23: 0x0000000558002379 dyld_simdyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 199 frame #24: 0x0000000558006434 dyld_simdyld::_main(macho_header const, unsigned long, int, char const, char const, char const, unsigned long) + 4384 frame #25: 0x0000000558001630 dyld_simstart_sim + 136 frame #26: 0x00000001053d3234 dylddyld::useSimulatorDyld(int, macho_header const, char const, int, char const, char const, char const**, unsigned long, unsigned long) + 2238 frame #27: 0x00000001053d10ce dyld`dyld::_main(macho_header const, unsigned long, int, char const, char const, char const, unsigned long) + 522 frame #28: 0x00000001053cc503 dyld`dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const, int, char const, long, macho_header const, unsigned long) + 1167 frame #29: 0x00000001053cc036 dyld`_dyld_start + 54
Contact us to advertise here
# Dan Bernstein (a day ago)

On Jun 6, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Frédéric Wang <fwang at igalia.com> wrote:

WebContent and Networking seems to abort but the backtraces are not really helpful:

  • thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = signal SIGABRT
    • frame #0: 0x000000011421338e dyld__abort_with_payload + 10 frame #1: 0x0000000114212b80 dyldabort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 82 frame #2: 0x0000000114212bb2 dyldabort_with_payload + 9 frame #3: 0x000000010de118c1 dyld_simabort_with_payload + 34 frame #4: 0x000000010de08fe0 dyld_simdyld::halt(char const*) + 343 frame #5: 0x000000010de0910a dyld_simdyld::fastBindLazySymbol(ImageLoader**, unsigned long) + 167

When dyld aborts this way it logs the reason (based on the backtrace, likely a missing symbol). You may be able to find the message from dyld in the macOS Console app (the Simulator app also allows you to open the Simulator system log, if I remember correctly).

# Frédéric Wang (a day ago)

On 06/06/2019 18:32, Dan Bernstein wrote: >

When dyld aborts this way it logs the reason (based on the backtrace, likely a missing symbol). You may be able to find the message from dyld in the macOS Console app (the Simulator app also allows you to open the Simulator system log, if I remember correctly).

Thanks. Unfortunately, the macOS console does not contain much info.

Here are possibly relevant errors in the simulator system log:

Unknown key for Boolean: EnablePressuredExit Unknown key for Boolean: EnableTransactions Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit unsupported XPC object: OS_xpc_dictionary

These are logged at initial launch though. I can't see anything particular when the page keeps crashing again and again.

# Frédéric Wang (13 hours ago)

On 06/06/2019 19:00, Frédéric Wang wrote:

On 06/06/2019 18:32, Dan Bernstein wrote:

When dyld aborts this way it logs the reason (based on the backtrace, likely a missing symbol). You may be able to find the message from dyld in the macOS Console app (the Simulator app also allows you to open the Simulator system log, if I remember correctly). Thanks. Unfortunately, the macOS console does not contain much info.

Here are possibly relevant errors in the simulator system log:

Unknown key for Boolean: EnablePressuredExit Unknown key for Boolean: EnableTransactions Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit unsupported XPC object: OS_xpc_dictionary

These are logged at initial launch though. I can't see anything particular when the page keeps crashing again and again.

I moved this discussion to bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198646

Want more features?

Request early access to our private beta of readable email premium.